As makeup lovers, we know that we (women) can’t simply exclude makeup from our daily routines. Makeup is a vital part of our life, but removing it after a long tiring day can be a nightmare for many. Not removing makeup before bedtime is not an option, especially when you have sensitive or acne-prone skin. You have to prioritize making a constant night-time skincare regime. The first step to your skincare routine is Double cleansing, i.e., using a makeup remover plus a gentle cleanser.
Now many options and types of makeup removers are available, from cleansing balms to micellar water, wipes, makeup remover pads, and bi-phase oil cleansers for all skin types. Makeup removers and cleaners are also available for skin types like sensitive, dry, oily, and acne-prone skin. Also, another thing to consider here is keeping your skincare to a budget-friendly limit, as you don’t need only makeup removers for healthy skin; other products are equally important. What if we tell you that the drugstore makeup removers from notable brands can give you the same results as high-end products without exceeding the budget?
That said! The main question here is which one to choose that will work on your skin? And that’s precisely what we will address here in this article, and we will help you understand what type of makeup removers you should be looking for.
What To Consider When Buying A Drugstore Makeup Remover
Before we dive into the list of our recommended drugstore makeup removers, you must understand what you need to consider regarding ingredients and your skin type when choosing your ultimate one-true makeup remover. Let’s look at some essential factors you should consider when buying drugstore makeup remover or any other source.
Your skin requires specific ingredients for the makeup removers to be effective on your skin. There are tons of options available for different skin types. For instance, those with oily skin should choose a water-based micellar remover that can effectively help remove your makeup, sunscreen, dirt, and sebum build-up without stripping your skin of its natural oils. In comparison, those with dry skin types should go for makeup removers \that are oil-based, balm, or bi-phase makeup removers.
The essential central part is looking for the ingredients in the makeup remover, especially if you have a sensitive skin type. Avoid ingredients like alcohol, fragrance, parabens, sulfates, SLS, and more. All these are skin irritants and can worsen your skin condition.
Of course, the primary factor is how well the makeup remover works. Look for a product that can effectively remove all traces of makeup without leaving any residue.
Drugstore makeup removers can vary in price range, so it’s essential to consider your budget before purchasing. You can get a good quality makeup remover for under $5. Yes! It’s possible.
Now that we know what to consider let’s explore the best drugstore makeup removers. This article will discuss the top drugstore makeup removers that are affordable, effective, and gentle on your skin.
Makeup Remover Pads by Almay ($6.79) Amazon
- Main ingredients: Green Tea, Aloe vera, and Cucumber
- Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover Pads
- Dermatologist tested
- Soothing effect
- Removes waterproof makeup
- The formula contains alcohol: which could be harsh on some skin types
- It may cause skin drying under the eye area
- Contrary to the claims, the pads are less effective at removing heavy or waterproof makeup
Almay Makeup Remover Pads are a good option for those seeking a gentle and convenient way to remove makeup. However, remember that the formula contains alcohol and can cause dryness to specific skin types.
Garnier SkinActive Micellar Water with Vitamin C ($7.80)
- Key ingredients: Micellar water and Vitamin C
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Ideal for daily use.
- fragrance-free formula
- Mineral oil-free
- It may cause itching\slight irritation on acne-prone skin.
Garnier SkinActive Micellar Water with Vitamin C is a perfect cult favorite option for those looking for a gentle and effective cleanser that also provides a boost of vitamin C to the skin. It’s the best option for daily use.
e.l.f. Holy Hydration! Makeup Melting Cleansing Balm ($11)
- Main ingredients: ceramides, peptides, and Hyaluronic Acid
- Non-stripping formula.
- All skin types.
- Gentle formula can be used daily.
- It contains a mild fragrance- that can cause slight skin irritation on sensitive skin.
e.l.f. Holy Hydration! Makeup Melting Cleansing Balm is a must-buy for those seeking a hydrating and effective cleansing balm. Its nourishing formula is suitable for all skin types and is an affordable, high-quality cleansing balm.
NYX Professional Makeup Be Gone! Makeup Remover Wipes ($5)
- Main ingredients: Vitamin E and exfoliants.
- Non-clogging formula.
- For all skin types.
- Travel-friendly option.
- Free from alcohols, oils, parabens, or sulfates.
- Not fragrance-free
Another cult favorite drugstore product that delivers what they claim. Buy it as you’re on to go makeup-removing product.
Avene XeraCalm A.D. Lipid-Replenishing Cleansing Oil ($32)
- Perfect for dry skin
- Non-greasy formula
- The formula contains Vitamin E (antioxidant), Glycerine, Glycin, and citric acid
- It may cause breakouts on oily skin
This specifically formulated makeup remover is a must-have for those with dry skin types
La Roche-Posay Micellar Water Ultra ($18)
- Key ingredients: antioxidant La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water (soothing effect on skin), Glycerin (skin hydration), Poloxamer (mild cleansing agent used in contact lens solutions)
- Suitable for normal to combination and sensitive skin
- Amazon’s choice Micellar water-based makeup remover
- Oil-free -won’t clog pores
- No Rinse formula
A must-have product suitable for all skin types.
CeraVe Makeup Removing Cleanser Cloths ($11)
- Amazon’s choice makeup remover product
- Removes Waterproof Eye & Face Makeup
- Suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin types.
- Rinse-free formula.
- Soothing and refreshing feel on the skin
- Hydrating and nourishing: Formula contains essential fatty acids and ceramides
- Fragrance-free, sulfate-free
- Non-drying, non-irritating
- Ophthalmologist tested & safe to use in the eye area
- It may cause a slight sting-like feel on sensitive skin types
Another cult-favorite makeup remover product. Buy these easy-to-use cleansing cloths if you want a travel-friendly makeup removal option.
Burt’s Bees Micellar Cleansing Towelettes With Rose Water ($17)
- Key Ingredients: Micellar water and Rosewater
- Best for Sensitive skin
- Travel-friendly option
- Dermatologically and Ophthalmologists tested
- Formula without: Fragrance, Paraben, Petrolatum, Phthalate, and SLS
- Packaging issue: Dries up quickly after the seal is opened
Other than the packaging error. Overall it is a great option.
Honest Beauty Makeup Remover Facial Wipes ($7)
- Best for sensitive skin
- plant-based remove makeup
- Can remove waterproof makeup
- Non-drying formula- Matricaria flower extract and Olive oil
- Dermatologist + Ophthalmologist Tested
- Hypoallergenic; Non Comedogenic
- It may leave residues on some skin types
Effectively removes heavy and waterproof makeup. Go for it.
L’Oreal Clean Artiste Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover ($10)
- Best for all skin types
- Safe for contact lens wearers
- It does not effectively remove waterproof mascara
- It can cause skin irritation as it contains SLS
A great option if you prefer buying a separate makeup cleanser for eye makeup.
Finding the perfect makeup, and makeup remover, doesn’t have to mean spending a small fortune. The best drugstore makeup removers will get the job done. Check out the rest of the articles for more awesome products that are great for your bank account!